“A hearty congratulations to all our new MPs for a hard fought campaign. Having won the backing of their party members, they can now pack their bags for Westminster.
“These winners will take their seats in Britain’s Safe Parliament. Voters will never be able to boot these MPs out under our present system. Most will leave office on conditions of their own choosing after careers measuring into decades. They are likely to include our future Prime Ministers, our future leaders of the opposition, and all the great office holders of state. They form a class of MPs that are, quite simply, elected for life.
“2010 offers a tale of two elections – and two electorates. One that matters, and one that doesn’t. And for over 25 Million of us, who just happen to live in safe seats, this contest is already over.” from the Electoral Reform Society
- Kevin Barron on Electoral Reform
- Latest news from Kevin Barron
- Why I’m happy with a coalition government
- UNITE on a Lab-Lib Coalition
- Jim Naughtie on a coalition
- Kevin Barron’s statement on winning the Rother Valley seat
- As predicted, and more predictions…
- Party Funding Donations in the Rother Valley
- How much is your vote worth? Not much.